Western Red Cedar – 60mm
$184.00 inc. GST sq m
60 x 3mm is a size of slat that suits those who want the more open look or who have windows with a view. To maintain the theme of luxury, we use a more substantial double knitted ladder in this blind. This matched with narrow cord holes and a 2.5mm lift cord, provides good light block-out and the blind looks stunning.
Our Cedar Blinds are made of the following components:
- 50 x 65 mm metal head box (Not Plastic)
- Quality Polyester string ladder and lift cord
- A rich coating of two base coats and one top coat of UV cured paints.This paint is designed to live in a harsh window environment – we use it generously
- 6.2 mm solid steel tilt rod – not hollow tube
- Solid metal cord lock – not plastic framed
- Solid metal cord type tilter gearbox
- Slat width and thickness of 60 x 4mm
These blinds never need re-painting and are easy to clean with a duster or damp cloth with mild detergent. Our Western Red Cedar Blinds will give a sense of luxurious pleasure and function for many years to come. They are available in two colours.
Western Red Cedar grows mainly in the wet areas of North West America where soils are rich and moisture laden air currents off the north pacific nourish their lush and fast re-growing forests. Most cedar imported into this country originates in British Columbia, Canada. Western red cedar forests are predominantly well managed forests which provide a perpetual harvest. Cedar wood contains natural oils which help resist insect attack and decay. It is a dimensionally stable wood that ages gracefully and endures for many years. In this age of energy concerns, the woods cellular structure give it an insulation value higher than most woods and much higher than brick or concrete. Cedar wood blinds help warm your house in winter and help keep it cool in summer. Above all, cedar is a wood of exceptional beauty. No man made material can duplicate cedar’s natural lustre and tones which range from light amber to deep honey brown.